Thursday, October 6, 2011

blog 1



     All my middle and high school years were in Grants Pass, OR.  My high school graduating class was 500 students.  I loved my large high school.  It was fun for me to hang out with such a large variety of people.  Kindergarten through eighth grade I went to a small private school.  I appreciated the one-on -one with the teachers and fieldtrips I was able to go on.  The smaller schools had their benefits but I thrived more in my large high school.  I never did sports but was always hanging out with friends and was involved in my youth group. 

     I started out going to a community college for two years trying to figure out what I wanted to do.  It was not till I went to OSU and started taking human development and family science classes that I realized I wanted to teach.  I was able to do a lot of in classroom observations, teach pre-school and see different teaching styles.  I was always excited to get back into the classroom and I remember thinking that I could handle all the outside stress teaching has because I will love my students.

     I want to teach because children allow me to see life in a different way. They are full of new and fresh ideas.  It is a constant learning process and I will always be working with my students growing and developing together.  Since you never stop learning in teaching, I can’t see myself getting burned out as long as I keep my eyes on my students.  My goal is to teaching second and under.  I feel that these are the crucial ages and the time when you can really turn their learning around.  I think if I had to pick a favorite subject to teach it would be science.  I love that you can see science everywhere you look and it is really easy to connect to student’s individual lives. 

     Outside of school I love hanging out with my husband and friends. I am always up for going somewhere new.  I could be outside all the time if it were possible.  I love hiking, swimming, and biking.  I have a hard time sitting still but then there are times I love to sit back and relax to a good book or a funny television show. 

1 comment:

  1. This statement intrigued me: "since one never stops learning ..., I can't see myself getting burned out as long as I keep my eyes on my students."
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete