Sunday, October 9, 2011

Google docs "Forms" group project

My group is working on finding out about Google forms.  I am on the far scale of not knowing much about what technology has to offer.  I am slowly learning   more and becoming more impressed.  I contributed by searching as much basic information as I could find about what Google forms is and have to offer. I wrote notes down under section one of our group document.  I also contributed one of our survey questions about “what is your favorite park in Salem, OR”. 
     I had no idea that Google forms was such a simple way to get data on a survey, questionnaire, or even use it for an expense spreadsheet.  I think what I love best about it is how user friendly it is.  All you have to do is open up a new Form that is located inside of your documents home page found on the Google website.  I think it is fun that you can make it your own.  For example: our questionnaire is about favorite places in Salem, OR.  All that we have to do is put that as our title and then start adding our questions followed by how we want people to answer them and our answer options.  We have the option of putting it in any order, adding questions, or deleting questions. 
     What makes it open ended is the fact that after you create your survey or questionnaire it automatically creates a spreadsheet.  The spreadsheet has your questions at the top and below the answers to the questions.  It then starts creating data for you.  You do not have to go in manually and enter everyone’s response.  This saves you large amounts of time and allows you to instantly see how people are responding.  I could see the spreadsheet helping your students who were in math groups working on a project that has to do with percents and productivity.  It could be a really fun tool for them to collect data from their classmates.  I think you could simplify this to work even with second graders.  It would save large amounts of time to where you just enter your questions and then as students answer you would instantly be able to see results.  Students could use this with reports about various topics and enter data/information about what they are studying. 
     As a future teacher, I think I could easily implement this into my classroom.  I could use it as a tool to see where my students are and allow them to do projects using it.  I think it will save time and energy as well as help keep my students engaged and have fun working with each other.  I could see this as being a great way to implement technology into my classroom without having to spend lots of money or getting a grant. Survey below:
http://tinyurl.com/4yj9quu


Our Document: http://tinyurl.com/3tpqo66

1 comment:

  1. You've come a LONG ways in a short time. Hang in there.
    One of your team mates may be able to show you how to EMBED your SURVEY right in to the blog post !!!!

    Be sure to LINK to your Shared Form inside this Blog Post.

    Keep on truckn'.

    ReplyDelete